at Zafulah Rahaman in Scarborough
Position: Activation Aide
Reporting to: Program Manager
Date Posted: February 24, 2012
Competition No.: ACTA SCARB 0212
Leisureworld Caregiving Centre – Scarborough is home to 299 residents and currently has an opening for a Permanent Part-Time Activation Aide. The initial assignment for the position is 30 hours bi-weekly, subject to change based on the operational needs or under the discretion of the manager.
As a valued member of the team, the Activation Aide demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with organization’s vision and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES (But not limited to):
• Responsible for all aspects of resident programs including but not limited to planning activities, purchasing supplies, decorating, setting up, facilitating, supervising and assisting residents, cleaning up, documenting, and evaluating.
• Participate in planning 1:1, small and large group activities, and special events that meet the social, emotional, physical, spiritual, and intellectual needs of the residents.
• Revaluate new and/or modified programs according to resident needs.
• Organize and facilitate community outings according to resident needs.
• Actively and effectively facilitate programs in the home including but not limited to 1:1, small group, large group, and special events.
• Complete resident assessments and establish goals and interventions based on the residents identified needs and problems.
• Complete documentation related to programming including but not limited to assessment, attendance, progress notes, care plans, and quarterly reviews.
• Effectively communicate and promote all programs offered by the home i.e. create posters, advertisements, etc.
• Assist in the development of the newsletter.
• Decorate appropriately for seasonal events, special events, and holidays.
• Participate in the homes Continuous Quality Improvement Program including but not limited to the completion of audits and ongoing program evaluation.
• Support and effectively utilize volunteer resources in the provision of programs.
• Ensure effective communication with all residents, family members, staff and volunteers.
• Work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team including but not limited to resident, family, nursing, dietary, environmental, and restorative care.
• Support Pastoral Care Services, Palliative Care, and the activities of the Resident’s Council.
• Participate in departmental meetings, home specific committees, and multidisciplinary care conferences when required.
• Comply with all company policies, procedures, and practices.
• Appropriately utilize and maintain department supplies and resources.
• Seek opportunities to collaborate with other therapy programs i.e. pet therapy, music therapy, art therapy, and to connect the home with the community.
• Maintain awareness of changes within the profession and seek continual educational opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience working with seniors, particularly in a long term care setting.
• Knowledge of community resources.
• An energetic individual that possess effective leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate initiative, and the ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
• Innovative resident-centered approach to programming.
• Previous experience in program planning, documentation, and evaluation required.
• Competency in MedeCare, MS Office an asset.
• Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university or are enrolled in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field (language as per LTC Homes Act regulation 67(1)).
• Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.
• Food Handlers Certificate required.
***NOTE: If a candidate does not have the required certification upon hire the candidate must agree to enroll in a Standard First Aid and CPR or Emergency First Aid and CPR course, and register for the Food Handlers Certification Course or exam within 30 days of hire.
WE INVEST IN YOU:
• Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
• Continuous growth and education development
• Self-fulfillment through meaningful relationships with clients
• Employee Recognition and Discount Programs
• Employee Referral Bonus
• A dynamic and supportive working environment
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
Director of Administration
130 Midland Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1N 4A2
Fax: (416) 264-3704
Competition Number: ACTA SCARB 0212
Please quote the competition number ACTA SCARB 0212 in the subject line of your fax or email.
Please note that if hired, your employment with Leisureworld will be contingent on receipt of a police and vulnerable sector screening free of criminal activities and satisfactory to Leisureworld’s Police Records Check and Vulnerable Screening policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. Resumes are shared amongst all Leisureworld Homes.
Deadline to Apply: March 24, 2012.OUR VALUES
Respect ° Commitment ° Teamwork ° Communication ° Learning